This is one of my new favorites that I adapted from The Diva Dish.
It’s super easy, fresh and healthy. Check it out.
1 C. dry quinoa
2 C. Chicken or vegetable broth
1 can garbanzo beans (drained and rinsed)
1 c. cherry tomatoes cut in half
2 avocados diced
2 C. spinach
1 bunch cilantro
1/4 C. onion
2 small cloves garlic
For the dressing:
Juice of 1 lemon zest of 1 lemon
2 tsp. dijon mustard, optional
Extra virgin olive oil, a couple tablespoons or to taste (eyeball it)
1 tsp. honey
1/2 tsp. cumin
dash of salt and pepper
1. Make your quinoa according to the package directions. Make sure you don’t over cook it and let it cool down before you mix everything.
2. In a food processor, add your spinach, cilantro, onion and garlic. Make sure to wash you greens.
3. Process the greens, onion and garlic until they are finely dice. Add to a bowl, and set aside.
4. Next add your chickpeas and stir until everything is combined and coated. If the quinoa is cooled, you can add it to the chickpea mixture next.
5. Make your dressing by whisking all the ingredients together. Pour over salad, and mix until combined. Add in tomatoes and avocado and mix. Set in fridge for about 10-15 minutes before serving so the flavors set. Check seasoning and adjust to taste.